WHO WE ARE:
At Proof Strategies, you’ll find an agency full of intelligent creatives, writers, and idea-makers dedicated to extraordinary client service, driven by measurable results, and inspired by projects that make a difference. We believe that exceptional work and having fun is the path to agency success. An award-winning DC Team plus two decades of continuous annual growth have proven that philosophy.
We are currently recruiting for a Digital Strategist to work across our portfolio of accounts, with a focus on developing the digital product portfolio of the organization. The Digital Strategist will work directly with our VP of Digital Strategy to develop standard processes and technical support required to deliver key service lines to our clients: SEO, SEM, Paid Media and Analytics. It’s an exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing team where delivering results can quickly advance your career.
WHO YOU ARE:
A highly driven, exceptional Digital Strategist with a natural curiosity to stay on the cutting edge of digital best practice and deliver compelling client campaigns. You will have experience in the fundamentals of analytics, technical SEO and digital paid media and are comfortable explaining technical concepts to a non-technical audience. You are hungry to learn more and test the limits!
- Educated. BA/BS in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Experienced. 4+ years of full-time digital experience, including social media, email, SEM, technical SEO, paid media and analytics. Agency experience required.
- Passionate digital marketer. Recognize the ever-changing landscape of digital and go above and beyond to harness new industry trends, algorithm changes and improvements to run – and measure – great digital campaigns.
- Seasoned social storyteller. Experienced in creating social media content for influencers and brands, weaving together the brand message and tone of voice for each platform and experience.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker. Thrives on taking an idea and running with it, coming up with new approaches to standard campaigns.
- Autodidact. Self-taught with a curiosity to learn new things. Not limited by the skill-set you already have and want to get experience in new verticals and campaign activity.
- Articulate. Strong writing skills with the ability to communicate points-of-view succinctly, thoroughly and convincingly.
- Media strategist. Successfully manage organic and paid social campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn – with a focus on paid media management.
- Certified in fundamental digital platforms. Google Analytics and Google Adwords, at a minimum, along with a demonstrated knowledge of platforms and tools.
- Team player. Enjoy working on a small team and are happy to pitch in where needed.
- Whatever it takes. Proven ability to “get-the-job-done.” Agency life is fast-paced and sometimes means late nights (…with work, happy hours or events).
- Proficient in MS Office. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook for day-to-day job performance.
- Deadline & results driven. Work under pressure in a calm manner, are organized, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, and are flexible in working on and completing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong presenter. Able to communicate technical activity in a compelling way to clients, are comfortable presenting to groups.
- Friendly. We like to work with people we like. A positive, can-do attitude is a must.
- Apple iOS savvy. We have beautiful Macbook Pros; we hope you know how to use one!
- Deliver high quality campaigns and meet all client deadlines for integrated marketing and communications plans. You are ultimately responsible for the performance and technical integrity of your client work.
- Work across digital and earned media to develop audience-first, cost-effective digital marketing acquisition and branding campaigns.
- Write and deliver digital marketing strategies using various data sets and tools (e.g. Google Analytics, SEMrush, social media, blogs).
- Monitor and analyze campaign and web traffic and provide recommendations to improve performance.
- Set up, monitor and optimize paid media campaigns across key social channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly client performance reports, including a high level of analytical thinking that identifies actionable insights that ladder up to the client’s strategy and business objectives.
- Set-up and/or optimize set-up of technical platforms for clients such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Paid Social accounts.
- Write client marketing materials, ensuring consistency in voice and writing style.
- Share digital best practices resources and lead internal training sessions.
- Develop strong relationships with clients, internal team and colleagues in Canada.
- Participate in new business process including research, proposal and pitch preparation.
Nice to have:
- Experience carrying out technical SEO audits and working with clients to implement recommended changes.
- Experience working in WordPress.
- Knowledge of the full scale of digital marketing landscape, including: multi-channel experience, influencer marketing, email marketing, SEO / SEM, user experience, conversion rate optimization.
You will report to our VP of Digital Strategy to support in developing our digital product portfolio.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Professional Development
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Flexible spending for health, transit and childcare benefits
- 401k plan
- One-time bike stipend to encourage environmentally-friendly commuting
- Bi-weekly team lunches
- Team snacks
- Yearly all-office retreat in Canada
- Quarterly team community volunteer opportunities
- Pro-bono work (Giving Tuesday)
- Holiday + Summer party for employees and guests
- Flexible working hours
- Summer hours on Friday
- 15 days of annual leave + holidays
- Bi-weekly all-team work from home Fridays
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome all applicants inside and outside of the Washington, DC metropolitan area and will consider relocation fees for the right candidate.
Your cover letter should highlight:
- Measurable results you delivered for a client or your agency team
- Your passion for digital marketing – and doing incredible work
- What impact you hope to make at Proof Strategies
- How you positively contributed to the agency’s bottom line
The interview process:
- Initial phone screening
- First interview
- Competency test
- Second interview with full team
- Offer of employment and salary agreement, conditional based on references