Senior Account Executive – Technology, Finance & Corporate Media Relations
WHO WE ARE:
At Proof Strategies, you’ll find an agency full of intelligent creatives, writers, and idea-makers dedicated to extraordinary client service, driven by measurable results, and inspired by projects that make a difference. We believe that exceptional work and having fun is the path to agency success. An award-winning DC Team plus two decades of continuous annual growth have proven that philosophy.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Account Executive – Technology, Finance & Corporate Media Relations to work across our portfolio of accounts, to help expand the agency’s media relations offering. The Senior Account Executive will work directly with our Account Director supporting our corporate, technology and finance clients. It’s an exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing team where delivering results can quickly advance your career.
WHO YOU ARE:
A highly driven individual with a strong bench in earned media and demonstrated success in delivering results for clients. You have experience digesting complex subject matter and turning it into compelling stories and pitching angles.
You have experience in conducting full spectrum media relations for clients and a track record of successful media placements of all kind. You are comfortable picking up the phone to talk with reporters and be an advocate for your clients. You know the evolving media landscape and how to cut through the clutter to secure media placements.
- Educated. BA/BS in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field.
- Experienced. 4+ years of full-time public relations and/or media relations experience, including, proactive media pitching; content development; press release writing; media list building and management; content calendar development, media monitoring and more.
- Agency experience required. Experience with client facing management and communication. You know agency systems, procedures and best practices.
- Outstanding writing skills, with extensive experience writing media pitches, press releases and long-form thought leadership content.
- Proven track record of developing media relations plans that align with public relations objectives and overall client business goals.
- Excellent research skills to identify targeted media and influencers and journalists.
- Existing relationships with reporters.
- Proactive, systemized and methodical approach to media outreach and story development.
- Experience with handling media outreach for trade shows, conferences, speaking engagements, awards, etc.
- Proficient in demonstrating value through reporting, analytics, metrics and more
- A self-starter who can work independently to hit an exceed targets that meet client objectives.
- Very, very strong writing skills, proficient in AP style and excellent copy editing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail as well as organization and time management skills
- Knows how to work fast and good while managing and hitting multiple deadlines – consistently.
- Industry knowledge. B2B industry experience in technology, finance, or similar fields.
- Digitally-savvy: knows digital marketing and understands the value of integrated communications campaigns. Recognizes the ever-changing landscape of digital and its important role in public relations efforts to meet business objectives
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker. Thrives on taking an idea and running with it, coming up with new approaches to standard campaigns.
- Autodidact. Self-taught with a curiosity to learn new things. Not limited by the skill-set you already have and want to get experience in new verticals and campaign activity.
- Articulate. Strong writing skills with the ability to communicate points-of-view succinctly, thoroughly and convincingly.
- Team player. Enjoy working on a small team and are happy to pitch in where needed.
- Whatever it takes. Proven ability to “get-the-job-done.” Agency life is fast-paced and sometimes means late nights (…with work, happy hours or events).
- Proficient in MS Office. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook for day-to-day job performance.
- Deadline & results driven. Work under pressure in a calm manner, organized, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, and are flexible in working on and completing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong presenter. Able to communicate technical activity in a compelling way to clients, are comfortable presenting to groups.
- Friendly. We like to work with people we like. A positive, can-do attitude is a must.
- Apple iOS savvy. We have beautiful Macbook Pros; we hope you know how to use one!
- Media monitoring for client, competitor and industry news.
- Proactively develop and craft compelling pitching angles and story ideas for clients.
- Media list development and management.
- Tradeshow, conference, speaking engagement research and outreach
- Handle day-to-day account work.
- Be embedded in client industries, through newsletters, webinars, conferences to understand issues that affect clients in order to inform media relations efforts.
- Assist in developing media relations plans, strategy and tactics.
- Proactively manage, build and maintain relationships with reporters, locally and nationally.
- Content development including press releases, white papers, op-eds, letters to the editor, contributed articles, Q&As, brochures, fact sheets, website copy, blogs, press materials and more.
- Draft briefing books and other materials to help clients prepare for interviews
- Copy edit and proof external and client-facing materials.
- Be responsible for the proactive execution of media relations.
- Deliver high-quality campaigns and meet all client deadlines for integrated marketing and communications plans. You are ultimately responsible for the performance and integrity of your client work.
- Work across teams with digital and earned media to develop audience-first, cost-effective campaigns.
- Deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly client performance reports, including a high level of analytical thinking that identifies actionable insights that ladder up to the client’s strategy and business objectives.
- Share digital best practices resources and lead internal training sessions.
- Develop strong relationships with clients, internal team and colleagues in Canada.
- Participate in new business process including research, proposal and pitch preparation.
You will report to our Account Director of Technology, Corporate and Finance to support the agency’s clients.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Professional Development
- Health, Dental and Vision at 85%
- Flexible spending for health, transit and childcare benefits
- 401k plan
- One-time bike stipend to encourage environmentally-friendly commuting
- Bi-weekly team lunches
- Team snacks
- Yearly all-office retreat in Canada
- Quarterly team community volunteer opportunities
- Pro-bono work (Giving Tuesday)
- Holiday + Summer party for employees and guests
- Flexible working hours
- Summer hours on Friday
- 15 days of annual leave + holidays
- Bi-weekly all-team work from home Fridays
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We welcome all applicants inside and outside of the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Your cover letter should highlight:
- Measurable results you delivered for a client or your agency team
- Your passion for media relations in complex industries
- What impact you hope to make at Proof Strategies
- How you positively contributed to the agency’s bottom line
The interview process:
- Initial phone screening
- First interview
- Competency test
- Second interview with full team
- Offer of employment and salary agreement, conditional based on references