Neocate, a branch of Nutricia North America, provides medical formulas for children and infants. Neocate is a consumer-facing brand of elemental, amino-acid based medical formula for babies with food allergies.
Managing allergies is no simple task, as it requires parents to track their children’s diets, their outbreaks, and overall health in order to assess the progress that their little one is making. In order to simplify the process, Neocate released a free app, available for iOS, that allows families to find recipes and track eating habits for their children. Proof was tasked with promoting the app and managing the community of Neocate parents, caregivers, and doctors on their company Facebook page.
Throughout the seven years Nutricia has been a client we have been successfully communicating with moms, dads, caregivers and healthcare providers about important health issues that affect their children and patients. Proof encouraged, initiated and continues to expand Nutricia’s social media platforms to build stronger relationships and engagement with their consumer audiences.
In order to promote the Neocate Footsteps app, Proof executed the following tactics:
- Created a media list that included medical and health outlets, as well as relevant mommy bloggers.
- Distributed a press release to relevant outlets
- Distributed custom pitches to mommy bloggers and dentists encouraging them to review the app.
- Created advertisements for Facebook and Instagram, targeted for individuals aged 25-44, and utilizing keywords such “Baby care, Child care, Baby center, Food allergy, Infant formula, Milk allergy, eczema” and others.
Proof increased the brand’s position as a leader through the development and launch of a consumer blog. By partnering with the company on social media, and leveraging the brand’s signature campaign “Neocate Footsteps,” issue-awareness continues to increase among healthcare providers, parents, and patients.
With Environics’ strategic guidance and community management, over the past year the Neocate Facebook page has:
- Increased its fan base by 17% by managing and growing the community on Facebook
- Earned the “Very Responsive” Facebook accolade with ongoing community management
- Garnered 13,298 engagements and 2.8 million impressions.
- Increased Neocate’s position as a leading expert resource through the development, launch, and continued support of their consumer-facing blog
- Increased site traffic to both Neocate blog and key resource tools and pages
- Secure 8,682 link clicks directed towards the Neocate Footsteps app throughout the year.
- Advertisements also reached 400,383 people throughout the year, and a food allergy blogger from Accidentally Crunchy reviewed the app as a result of direct pitching.