DC Communicators and Giving Tuesday
Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving that is fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. We hope to ignite this important season of philanthropy, volunteerism, charitable giving, and good works.
In 2018 alone, 75 percent of those making a donation on Giving Tuesday were repeat donors with an average gift size of $105. The data shows that this annual campaign will not only activate new donors for your organization but energize existing donors to give more.
If you haven’t started to prepare, fear not! Proof Strategies would like to help you kick off this season with a 90-minute boot camp. This 90-minute panel presentation and workshop will ensure you are fit and ready for your ultimate Giving Tuesday!
Giving Tuesday is celebrated on the Tuesday following the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday on December 3. We will discuss tips and tricks for must-have planning:
- Key Messages – What they are, why they are important, how you create them and get everyone on board.
- Email Marketing – If you are just getting started, what are the key components and what are the ingredients to make a strong campaign?
- Social Media Management – What should you be doing before, during and after Giving Tuesday to generate engagement and action?
- Measuring Impact – Other than Google Analytics and social metrics, what are some other ways that you can measure the impact that your Giving Tuesday branding and communications had on your organization’s strategy?
- Resources – you know you want them!
- Where: The University Club, 1135 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20036
- When: Monday, November 18, 2019
- Time: 8:30 – 10:30 AM
- Cost: FREE
- 8:30 – 9:00 Networking
- 9:00 – 9:05 Welcome Remarks
- 9:05 – 9:15 Goals and Key Messages
- 9:15 – 9:30 Measurement
- 9:30 – 10:00 Email, Content and Social Media
- 10:00 – 10:05 Resources
- 10:05 – 10:30 Breakout Sessions: Join us for timed intervals (HITT) with different subject matter experts leading the Q&A Sessions
Breakouts will include:
About DC Communicators
DC Communicators is a network of communications and marketing professionals in the Washington, DC, metro area who are interested in emerging trends in earned, paid and digital media. Founded by Mimi Carter in 2013, events take place quarterly and are held to help network and discuss such trends. Topics for previous events have included fundraising for museums, content marketing, crisis communications, the power of podcasting, design thinking and best practices for social media and the law.