About DC Communicators
DC Communicators is a network of communications and marketing professionals in the Washington, DC, metro area who are interested in emerging trends in earned, paid and digital media. Founded by Mimi Carter in 2013, the group meets quarterly to network and discuss such trends. Topics for previous events have included fundraising for museums, content marketing, crisis communications, and best practices for social media and the law.
Speakers have included:
- Brad Bosserman, Senior Managing Director, POLITICO
- Stephanie Pereira, Arts & Culture Lead, Kickstarter
- Karina Hertz, Director of Strategic Communications, AARP
- Adam Paige, Director of Public Relations, Illy Coffee
- Jeanne G. Hamrick, APR, Senior Manager, Media Relations at the American Red Cross
- Dave Shaw, Executive Producer, POLITICO Audio
- Heather Luca, Director of Communications, Results for Development
- Teresa Danso-Danquah, Disability:IN
- Anthony Shop, Chief Strategy Officer & Co-Founder, Social Driver
- Joel Payne, Democratic Strategist
- Jonah Langenbeck, AVP of Marketing and Communications, National WWII Museum
- Loic Tallon, Senior Mobile Manager, Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Eleanor Goldhar, Former CMO, Guggenheim Museum
- Lauren Lawson-Zilai, Senior Director of Public Relations and National Spokesperson for Goodwill Industries International
- Dr. Timothy Coombs, PHD and Professor of Crisis Communications at Texas A&M University
Register for Event Updates
Join us May 12, 2022
Value Driven Leadership begins here...
Proof Strategies invites you to save the date and join us for the next DC Communicators event, Value-Driven Leadership – Engaging Hard-to-Reach Audiences in Healthcare on Thursday, May 12th, 2022, from 12:15 PM to 1:15 PM. This will be a virtual event.
This month’s program will discuss the strategies, tips, and tools you and your organization can utilize to support your efforts to reach diverse audiences. Our expert panelists will speak to best practices that effective marketers can consider to achieve these businesses, clients, or organizational goals.