Nonprofit leaders from the United Nations Foundation, the National Audubon Society, the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation joined Mimi Carter from Proof Strategies and DC Communicators to explore the building blocks of a purpose-driven communications plan.
Each expert shared the lessons they’ve learned in effectively reaching their audiences in a time of social and economic change.
Watch as our experts discuss their award-winning strategies on efforts that touch everything from COVID-19 to racial inequality HERE. Event resources are also available for download.
About DC Communicators
DC Communicators is a network of communications and marketing professionals in the Washington, DC, metro area who are interested in emerging trends in earned, paid and digital media. Founded by Mimi Carter in 2013, the group meets quarterly to network and discuss such trends. Topics for previous events have included fundraising for museums, content marketing, crisis communications, and best practices for social media and the law.
Speakers have included:
- Brad Bosserman, Senior Managing Director, POLITICO
- Stephanie Pereira, Arts & Culture Lead, Kickstarter
- Karina Hertz, Director of Strategic Communications, AARP
- Adam Paige, Director of Public Relations, Illy Coffee
- Jeanne G. Hamrick, APR, Senior Manager, Media Relations at the American Red Cross
- Dave Shaw, Executive Producer, POLITICO Audio
- Heather Luca, Director of Communications, Results for Development
- Teresa Danso-Danquah, Disability:IN
- Anthony Shop, Chief Strategy Officer & Co-Founder, Social Driver
- Joel Payne, Democratic Strategist
- Jonah Langenbeck, AVP of Marketing and Communications, National WWII Museum
- Loic Tallon, Senior Mobile Manager, Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Eleanor Goldhar, Former CMO, Guggenheim Museum
- Lauren Lawson-Zilai, Senior Director of Public Relations and National Spokesperson for Goodwill Industries International
- Dr. Timothy Coombs, PHD and Professor of Crisis Communications at Texas A&M University